Forbes names Salt Lake City the 10th best city in the U.S. for Good Jobs in 2013. This list was compiled using the following criteria:
• 2011 unemployment rate: 5%.
• Current unemployment rate: 20%.
• Estimated 2013 employment growth: 20%.
• 5-year estimated employment growth: 25%.
• Current per-capita income: 15%.
• Estimated 5-year income growth: 15%.
It was designed to identify cities with a combination of low unemployment, high wages and high job growth.
Attracted by a highly educated work force, I.T. companies have recently flocked to the area, and while the metro population growth rate tapered off, the area is still expected to add 60,000 jobs through 2020. All this is good news for the Salt Lake Area and local the housing market.